See how we apply Monitoring and Evaluation of Assessment Procedure
Southern Africa Youth Project developed assessment exercises which cover the outcomes required in order to achieve a competency certificate.
The purpose of the assessment process is to gather enough evidence to prove all unit standard outcomes were achieved.
Competency will be assessed through class hands-on tasks recorded in the standard Portfolio of Evidence POE, inputs and performance-based assessment, assignments which will require a fair amount of research and observation in essential embedded knowledge.
Assessment evidence should be sufficient to prove that the candidate is competent in all required tasks set by the unit standards.
A summative assessment will be conducted at end of the course to confirm assessment judgments.
Principles of fairness, validity, practicability, reliability and consistency will be adhered to throughout.
Qualification Unit Standard Codes Level Credits
Southern Africa Youth Project recommends that:
- An integrated assessment approach will be followed to allow for practical and theoretical components. This entails the assessment of a number of unit standards, outcomes and criteria together in one assessment activity.
- Candidates are not only assessed against specific outcomes, but also on critical outcomes, attitudes and values.
- A summative competence judgment will be made on the basis of all assessment evidence produced, that proves that the candidate can be consistently judged as competent against the outcomes of the unit standards and the qualification as a whole.
- Candidates take responsibility for their own assessment and should notify the assessor when they are ready for assessment.
- Candidates will receive feedback after the summative assessment, which will be discussed after all assessments have been completed.
- All assessments will be reviewed to ensure that assessment practices are valid, fair, transparent, consistent and current.
- An Internal/External moderator will moderate assessment practices. The SETA will also conduct external moderation.