Southern Africa Youth Project promotes to adolescent girls and boys to delay having sex until they are mentally and physically ready. This is to ensure that they prepare their future first and then they can focus on sex when they are able to prevent , protect and save themselves for acquiring infections and viruses.
Our work on Delayed Sexual Debut
Every child has dreams and aspirations to become someone when they become an adult. That moment when they tell us about
- What they dream to be when they grow up?
- What do they want to achieve when they grow older?
- What are their future plans?
- What do they want to have as they become adults?
- Also how they are not happy with how they were raised?
The need for Delayed Sexual Debut
Adolescent girls and boys in Southern Africa become prey to losing their life goals at an early age. This is caused by
Challenges faced on Delayed Sexual Debut
Early unprotected sex means:
- A girl has to leave school to become an official parent: This means that a girl will no longer
- A girl has to look after the child, not herself anymore.
- A girl has to go and seek employment because she cannot support her own child.
Activities implemented under Delayed Sexual Debut
- Sexual Debut services: Southern Africa Youth Project provides knowledge, sessions and activities to young people to keep them to wait a little longer before they can have sex. To enable them to have sex when they are mentally, physically
- Coder Dojo: Southern Africa Youth Project provides
- School Entrepreneurship Education: Southern Africa Youth Project provides school entrepreneurship education for adolescent girls and boys in school to ensure that they are
- Computer Literacy, information and Technology: Southern Africa Youth Project provides
- School Competitions: Southern Africa Youth Project facilitates
Targets Reached on Delayed Sexual Debut
Southern Africa Youth Project has provided Delayed Sexual Debut to over 100 000 young people in Southern Africa. We have provided this service in South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Tanzania, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zambia, Malawi, Namibia.