Short Programme In CompTIA Security+ Exam
CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues. CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
Successful learners could pursue a career as a:
- Security Administrator
- Junior IT Auditor
- Penetration Tester
- Network Technician
CompTIA Security+: Exam SYO-501
- Identify Information Security Concepts
- Analysing Risk
- Identifying Security Threats
- Conducting Security Assessments
- Implementing Host and Software Security
- Implementing Network Security
- Managing identity and Access
- Implementing Cryptography
- Implementing Operational Security
- Addressing Security Incidents
- Ensuring Business Continuity
Type Of Programme
- Part Time
- SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy Short Programme*
Short programmes upgrade skills and knowledge to ensure success in a chosen field of learning but are not credit bearing.
The programme duration is 40 hours and tuition is face-to-face and or online. Each SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy has a different tuition schedule. Programmes are offered during the week, in the evenings, or on Saturdays.
- English and Mathematics at Grade 11 or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of computer components (keyboard, mouse, etc.).
- CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus.
All textbooks are included in the tuition fees.
Enquire at your nearest SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy for a current programme pricelist.
Learners will write the CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exams at the end of the programme for international recognition at an additional cost to the learner.
Additional assessment fees may be applicable. Refer to Academic Fee Schedule.
Formative and summative assessments will assess all specific outcomes and adhere to all assessment criteria of the learning programme. Multiple choice and performance based 90 minutes test with a passing score of 75%.
Upon successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive the SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy Security + preparation Certificate.
Upon successful completion of the optional external exams, the learner will receive a Security + Certificate (International recognition) which can be obtained from any registered Prometric/Pearson VUE Testing Centre.
Please enquire at the nearest SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy for the prospectus containing further studies.
*A SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy Short Programme is a programme offered by SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy and quality assured by the SAYPRO SOUTHERN AFRICA YOUTH PROJECT – Academy Academic Board
Costs And Fees Include:
- Our fee Includes Assessor’s Fee, Moderator’s Fee, Course Registration Fee, Online Training Material Licence and Support, Certificate Printing, Administration Fee and Student Registration with the Accreditation Body
- Our fee excludes Courier of Certificate and Fees Travel to locations for Corporate and Government Learning
- Terms and Conditions apply for this course as specified at https://www.southernafricayouth.org/terms-and-conditions/
Training Delivery for Student support is available on Ms Zoom, Skype, TeamViewer, Ms Teams, Google, Face book Messenger, and WhatsApp.
Check if you qualify or is eligible for Short Course in Professional Email Messages
- A: Algeria, Angola.
- B: Burkina Faso, Benin, Burundi, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi.
- C: Cameroon, Chad, Cape Verde, Central Africa Republic, Congo Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire. I
- D: Djibouti.
- E: Egypt, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopian, Equatorial Guinea.
- G: Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea- Bissau, Guinea.
- I: Ivory Coast.
- K: Kenya.
- L: Lesotho, Libya, Liberia.
- M: Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique.
- N: Namibia, Nigeria, Niger.
- R: Republic of Cogon, Rwanda.
- S: Sao Tome & Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, Senegal, South Sudan.
- T: Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia.
- U: Uganda.
- Z: Zambia, Zimbabwe.