Internal and external Assessment Policy
Southern Africa Youth Project Policy strives to ensure that beneficiaries achieve the outcomes and gains the qualifications for and to this end ensure that fair and equitable assessment and qualification procedures are implemented.
The Design, Implementation and Maintenance of the Assessment and Qualification System by legal and compliance committee take into consideration the following guiding principles:
- Assessment strategies are in keeping with the aims and outcomes of Programmes, Standards, and qualifications. The assessment is outcomes-based and follows the principles which are fair, appropriate, integrated, manageable, systematic, open, consistent, valid, authentic, current, and reliable.
- Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees be issued by NQF Qualification requirements.
- Assessment of Beneficiaries includes all parties appropriate to context and outcome, e.g. self, peers, assessors, and moderators.
- There be a structured assessment appeals procedure implemented.
- There be an internal assessment verification procedure implemented to ensure consistent assessment across all assessors for a standard or qualification.
- Beneficiaries and Assessors be provided with all relevant information concerning assessments, e.g. required learning outcomes, assessment methods, assessment criteria, appeals procedures, dates, time, and venues.
- Beneficiaries receive comprehensive, detailed, and accurate feedback on Learning progress, performance, and results.
- Beneficiary’s records, including a database, be maintained, compatible with the relevant ETQA and SAQA requirements.